Why Lay Horses To Lose On Betfair

Why Should You Lay Horses To Lose On Betfair

Unlike a lot of online and offline Bookmakers, Betfair gives you the opportunity to lay horses. In other words, on Betfair, you can back a horse to lose. It gives you the chance to bet from a totally different angle. This article explains why you should be Lay Horses To Lose?

 Lay Horses To Lose

But Why Lay Horses To Lose On Betfair? What are the advantages of laying? There are quite a few actually!

1. How much easier would it be to pick a losing horse over a winning horse. For example, if you have a horse race with 12 runners, 11 of them will be losers and 1 of them will be a winner. You therefore have a 91.7% chance of picking a loser and a 8.3% chance of picking a winner. The odds CLEARLY are in your favourite. The only time they won’t be in your favor is when there are two horses racing. But HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HAPPEN? Never! This is the first reason for Why Lay Horses To Lose On Betfair.

2. The second point is that you can choose how much you want to win. When backing a horse, you put your £10 on a horse and you might get £5 profit, you might get £20 profit and so on. When it comes to laying horses, what happens is that you pick you stake depending on how much you want to win. If you want to win £10 then your stake would be £10. If you want to win £500 then your stake would be £500. What’s the catch? When laying, your stake is not how much you lose. We refer to how much you can lose as your ‘Liability’. If you want to work out your liability, Visit here!

3. The final reason for Why Lay Horses To Lose On Betfair is that it allows you to Trade or Scalp on Betfair. Trading quite simply involves Backing for a High Price and then Laying for a Low Price. For example, you could back one horse at 4.5 and then, if the odds drop to 4.0 for the lay, you can bet on this and then ‘lock in’ a profit so that you profit no matter which horse wins or loses. Laying Horses to Lose on Betfair has opened up this extra earning potential for Betfair.

There you have it, three reasons Why Lay Horses To Lose On Betfair. Simply put, laying horses to lose on Betfair gives you further potential to earn high.